September 29, 2011

the car show.

I honestly can say that I had never been to the Swiss Days Car Show. Before Nick and I got married, Nick would go with his dad for obvious reasons. 1) I know nothing about cars, 2) I don't love cars like Nick and his dad and 3) I don't think he ever even asked me to go because he knew about reasons 1 and 2. 

This year was a little different. Nick's high school ride "Nikki Nova" was actually going to be in the car show. Jeff (aka Nick's dad and my father-in-law) decided to enter it in hopes of getting it some exposure so he could sell it. So clearly we had to go to the car show and check out Nikki Nova and the other cars in the show. While I liked cars based on the paint, interior and awesome retro typography, Nick and Jeff were busy checking out the motors and the horsepower. 

I will admit that it was pretty fun (besides the fact that it was blazing hot and I was in a light sweater and jeans) and we just might have to make it a tradition to go check out the sweet cars. Who knows, maybe Nick's bug will make its own appearance in the show one day. 










1 comment:

  1. I feel ya. Brady has an e-mail list of up and coming car shows. We should go together because I do the same thing on rating which car I like, while Brady gets mad if I like it and it doesn't have the right motor and all that crap ha ha

    ReplyDelete