August 15, 2011

june 4, 2011 • the first day of the rest of our lives.

Since this is my official first post on this blog, I thought it would only be appropriate to start off by posting about our first day as husband and wife - the best day ever. Our wedding day was definitely packed with all sorts of happenings and was a little chaotic at times but looking back now I don't think I'd have taken it any other way. Well, except for Nick being sick - we probably wouldn't have minded if that didn't happen. But his willingness to tough it out and put on a happy smile all the way through made me love him even more, especially because I knew how horrible he was feeling. 

I would say without a doubt the best part of the day was when Nick and I were able to be sealed together for time and all eternity. We were lucky enough to have Elder Randy Judd as our sealer and the advise he gave Nick and me as we start our lives together are things we will always cherish and remember. I have never felt the Spirit stronger than when I was kneeling across the alter with Nick. It was such an incredible experience and I am so grateful that our closest friends and family were able to be there. Just knowing that I have Nick forever and ever is the most comforting feeling in the world.




















These are just a few of the pictures from our wedding day. Mikki of Mikki Platt Photography was our amazing photographer. We were so lucky to have her shoot our engagement session, bridals and our big day. She is such a talented photographer and a pretty incredible person to top it off. Eventually I will get around to blogging about the luncheon and reception - I just didn't want to bombard my first post with a million pictures. Besides, my wedding is my favorite thing to look back on and remember so the more posts I can split it up into the better in my opinion.

8 comments:

  1. Um. hello most amazing wedding dress ever! Your wedding day looks SO CUTE!

    I love blogs, so I'm now officially blog stalking you. sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little bit (I'm blaming pregnancy hormones ;D). I'm so so so happy for you and Nick! You two are perfect for each other and you'll have the happiest life knowing you'll be together for all eternity! Love you and your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I can't wait to blog stalk you! Love all the photos and it looks as if your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! ;)
    I would have to say the 4th picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are so into him in every picture! So happy for you Kort and I love your blog and you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you blog. and these photos. darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kortney! These are great! You and Nick are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning Kort!! And your dress is amazing!! So glad you started a blog, I love to stalk :)

    ReplyDelete