December 5, 2011

6 months.


Wow! I can't believe it's been exactly 6 months since we got married! (Technically it was 6 months from yesterday since I am a blogging slacker and can't actually post it on the actual anniversary date.) I can honestly say that these 6 months have been the very best of my life. It has been filled with more love and happiness than I could ever have imagined. I am so thankful that I get to wake up next to my amazing husband every morning - even though most mornings he is still dead asleep when I walk out the door but still manages to say goodbye and 'I love you' in between dreams. 

The whole "marriage" thing wasn't as big of an adjustment as I'd been told (more like warned) it would be but I think that may be due to the fact that Nick and I dated for so long before we were married that a lot of our little quirks and weird habits were already known beforehand. How we spend our time is definitely a little different than we were dating though.
  • Being a grownup and having to pay car payments, rent, utilities, internet and phone bills sucks and will always suck. This definitely is the biggest adjustment in my opinion.
  • Some date nights are as simple as making the trip out to Wal-Mart to get the best deal on groceries. We still end up losing $100+ on food so we try not to make that trip often. (What a waste of money...) 
  • When we do buy food, it's the basic necessities like top roman, bagels, bread, cereal, milk, pizza, and anything else that is very low-maintenance. Maybe one day our daily menus will get a little more detailed and delicious but for now, this works for us. Some nights (okay many nights) you'll find us at one of our usual restaurants cause we're just not feeling the top roman.
  • We make many late night shake runs to McDonald's because we're craving a snack and it's the only place open. He gets a Mango Pineapple Smoothie and lately I just opt for the Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Props to McDonald's for having such tasty drinks. 
  • We are the worst exercisers ever. We could probably count on our hands how many times we've been to the gym since we've been married. This has got to change - especially if we want to keep up our late night runs to McDonald's. 
  • We spend lots of nights watching episodes of Friends because it's the only show I won't fall asleep while watching.
  • Reading books is a new hobby of ours. I bet I've read more books in the past 6 months then I had in 2 years. Of course they are all fiction books that are mainly from the teen book section of B&N. Don't judge. They are the best ones by far.
  • Experiencing all of our first married holidays together has been great. We even got our first Christmas tree last weekend (blog post with details to follow) which was so much fun! Figuring out the whole rotation of what family to spend what holiday with is always a little tricky but we're lucky to just enjoy both families for almost every holiday besides Thanksgiving. 
Sorry for the rant, but I just want to remember all the things we loved to do during our first 6 months of marriage. So far each day just gets better and better so I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring. Being married to your best friend is definitely the greatest thing in the world. I couldn't ask for anything more. <3

3 comments:

  1. time goes by so fast! you two are so cute. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos of you!!! You'll cherish them forever!!! I'm glad marriage has blessed you well. It only gets better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy six months :)
    gosh time goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete