December 31, 2011

our first christmas.

We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with the Carter's. This year we had it a little more low-kay and casual because our group was cut in half due to missions and other family obligations. It was still a great time though to celebrate the holiday with our good friends. 



After the Carter's left we opened our Christmas Eve presents - pajamas. Kacey and I got to be twinners this year in our super awesome "saturday pants" that I pretty much live in. 





Later that night Nick and I headed back to our place and finished up all our wrapping. Luckily Nick is quite the wrapper (serious) so I had a nice little helper to get the job done. Nick may have made fun of me though because I have OCD and had to make tags for every present - including all of his. But hey, he knew this when he decided he wanted to marry me:)







When we were done wrapping we called it a night because we knew we were going to have to get up bright and early to have our own little Christmas before heading over to my parents to talk to Zack when he called from Africa. 

Seemed like 7:30 crept up on us and we tiredly got out of bed and enjoyed our own little Christmas together. It was so fun to have a little time to enjoy Christmas - just the two of us.  Talking to Zack was great - he had actually surprise called me on Christmas Eve (technically it was already Christmas in Ghana) and it was so fun to be able to talk with him.








After our phone call it was off to church and then we spent the rest of the afternoon with Nick's family. We were on the go almost all day but I personally deem our first married Christmas a total success. Christmas is all about being with the ones you love - and that's exactly what we did.








No comments:

Post a Comment