March 13, 2012

overnight trip and a jazz game.

For Valentine's I got Nick and I tickets to go see the Jazz vs. Heat game the first weekend in March. I was going to get tickets to an earlier game but I really wanted to see them play the Heat so we practiced patience for a couple weeks and then the day of the game, we packed an overnight bag and headed north. 

We got there a little early and just decided to go straight to Gateway. The only purchase we made was a sweater from J Crew (it was only $22 - what a steal!) because I was absolutely freezing in my non-winter attire. Since we'd just been to Vegas the week before and ate at CPK we decided to try out Tucano's for dinner. Note to anyone that is going to Tucano's: If you're going to go there, go when you have oodles of time and a big appetite because you get fed til you can't eat anymore. Seriously, the food was so good. The salad bar alone was to die for! After we stuffed our faces with every kind of meat imaginable (Nick even ate a chicken heart?) we headed over  to the game. 

Our seats were nosebleed seats because I'm cheap, but in my defense they were the best of the nosebleeds if that's even possible. We didn't need oxygen masks and we could actually tell who the players were from where we were sitting without watching the TV. And honestly, who cares where we were sitting because that game was amazing! The Jazz were actually ahead pretty much the whole game. We were kind of wondering how that was happening to be honest. But just as we said the words, "LeBron is having an off night" he decided to turn his game on, literally. He didn't miss a shot in the 4th and went from having 17 points to ending the game with 35. Ya, we jinxed it. But luckily the Jazz still came through with a buzzer beater win! Well just say I'm super glad I picked this game to go to because it was everything I love about basketball and more. 

We spent the night in SLC and then headed back home once we got up and going the next morning. Of course we had to make a quick pit stop at Krispy Kremes because that is mandatory. It was such a fun weekend and I hope we can make it to another Jazz game before the season is over.





One day I'm going to remember to bring a real camera and stop relying on my iPhone...

No comments:

Post a Comment